Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Revin' To Go

Last Thursday I was asked to find a stand alone photo that could run on the front page of our TRi-State section as the lead art. I jumped in the car, cruised north on I-81 to Pensylvania, a voice in my head told me to go north, and headed to Greencastle. Always something going on in the Castle!!!

It was one of the freakishly warm January days, 54 degrees I think, and all of Greencastle was basking in the sun. Literally. It was warm enough that some people were actually washing their cars in their driveways. In January. Yah, THAT freakishly warm. I passed on that photo, having shot it once too many times.

I knew someone would be at the Greencastle-Antrim school complex doing something. When I arrived I saw Darwin being pulled by his brother-in-law's Pug Revin'. Not sure who was walking who.



I parked the car, grabbed a 28-85 lens, the D3, and introduced my self to Darwin as I back-peddled in front of Revin' holding the D3 and lens at arm's length just inches off the ground. Nothing like freehanding and blindly shooting the next day's section front art. I manually set the focus and started shooting too many frames. Remember, shoot first ask questions later.

A quick check of the D3 viewing screen, and I knew I had it. Now I was Revin' to get back to the Herald-Mail and get this puppy done. Here is Revin in the Herald-Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment