Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

10 Minutes, 8 Images, Not Bad!

Thursday afternoon I was cutting the grass, I looked over two yards and saw my oldest son Max playing basketball with his friend Marqus.

Marqus turned 14 Thursday so I turned off the mower, grabbed the camera and my OLD 28-85 f3.5- 4.5 first generation Nikon AF zoom lens (circa 1989) and headed over. I LOVE this lens. It's SHARP and compact. It's NOT a fast lens, but it's very sharp and very useful.

Marqus is a really cool, laid back, and mature 14 year old. We have worked together several times before and he is a great person to photograph.

I had the kids take a break from their game so I could make a few frames that I liked and then it was back to cutting the grass before our next inch of April rain. I tried to shoot all color images, but the B&W images just felt better. Maybe I should just shoot black and white exclusively. No color correction, no distraction. YES!

Marqus kept his cool as three other boys his age were constantly joking and trying to make him laugh.

I see the young adult breaking out of the boy in Marqus.

I see his father and at the same time I see his younger brother.

Oh yeah, here is the one color image I like.

So a nice little collection of images in less than 10 minutes, the kids went back to playing basketball, and I returned to the lawn. I am trying to shoot a portrait a day, Thanks Marqus.

No comments:

Post a Comment